RCC Dakota Co. Cluster
City staff, commission community volunteers meet up quarterly with Dakota County staff and commissioners to share updates and plan ways they can team up to meet their shared priorities
- County Commissioners will share updates on their current initiatives
- Partners in Energy – Staff and volunteers from Rosemount, Inver Grove Heights and Hastings (invited) will share how they created & launched implementation of Community Wide Energy Action Plans with support from Partners in Energy
- Hastings: https://www.hastingsmn.gov/residents/my-home/energy
- Faribault: https://ci.faribault.mn.us/705/2023-Energy-Action-Plan-Update
- Inver Grove Heights: https://www.ighmn.gov/DocumentCenter/View/10282/IGH-Energy-Action-Plan-
- Rosemont https://www.rosemountmn.gov/692/Energy-Sustainability
- EPA Carbon Pollution Reduction Program – Faith Krogstad, MPCA How the state plans to engage local governments in the development of the state’s Priority Climate Action Plan to ensure priority strategies of local governments are eligible for EPA Climate Pollution Reduction grants https://www.pca.state.mn.us/business-with-us/federal-funding-opportunities Link
- Update on Federal IIJA & IRA Funding and new state funding cities cities can apply individually or to apply for together https://rccmn.co/funding-opportunities/
Energy and Buildings Policy & Funding –100% Clean Energy,,Solar, Solar Gardens Commercial Building Codes, Pre-weatherization, New MN Competitiveness Funding to Assist Cities Applying for Energy-Related Grant Programs https://www.mncee.org/mn-competitiveness-fund-passes-cee-support
- Opportunity for Cities to develop Climate Action Work Plans using Met Council’s new GHG Scenario Planning Tool Link
- Brainstorming our Dakota Co Cluster Next Steps
Board of Commissioners Panel Discussion
Thursday, April 8, 2021, 7 PM to 8:30 PM
Engage with us in learning how we can come together to implement county-wide equitable, sustainable, and resilient community developments. Hear and share updates with community equity and climate leaders, staff, citizen commissioners, elected and appointed leaders from cities and townships in Dakota County.
Dakota County Cluster: Cities Environmental Commissioner Meetup
On Thursday, March 11, 2021, City Environmental / Sustainability Commissioners and community volunteers including youth met to share updates, resources and support each other in creating greater collective impacts within the County.
Dakota Co. Cities Environmental Commissions Meetup
Thurs March 11 7pm NOTES AND NEXT STEPS current Environmental Commissions shared what they are working on in 2021 and will share tips on how to be effective. We will also share resources and support for your city to engage students
Land Conservation Plan
On Thursday, February 11, 2021, Al Singer, Dakota County Land Conservation Manager provided an overview of the Land Conservation Plan and answered questions on implementing county-wide sustainability and resilient community developments where we are stewarding the land for future generations.
Equity & Climate Action Listening Session
On Thursday, Dec 10, 2020, citizens from 9 cities and townships met to brainstorm ways the people of Dakota County can work together to advance equitable climate actions. We heard updates from Metropolitan Council Member, Phil Sterner. We then discussed five topics we’d like to act on in 2021.
Dakota County Cities
Inver Grove Heights