RCC Dakota Co. Cluster
Please RSVP to join us for our upcoming RCC Dakota County Cluster Meet Up! https://rccmn.co/dakota-communities/
Tues March 28 6:30 – 7:30pm Zoom Link to join.
- Hear updates from County staff and peers from other cities on their current initiatives
- Learn about current 2023 legislative proposals – climate friendly policies and funding
- Plan ways to sync our city & county climate action plans with the MN Climate Action Framework the MPCA will send the EPA in 2023 to make your city eligible to apply for a Federal IRA Climate Pollution Reduction Grant from the EPA in 2024
- Please RSVP
Board of Commissioners Panel Discussion
Thursday, April 8, 2021, 7 PM to 8:30 PM
Engage with us in learning how we can come together to implement county-wide equitable, sustainable, and resilient community developments. Hear and share updates with community equity and climate leaders, staff, citizen commissioners, elected and appointed leaders from cities and townships in Dakota County.
During this community meeting, had a great discussion with a panel of County Commissioners about the 2021 Board Priorities, equity, and other topics of concern.
Dakota County Cluster: Cities Environmental Commissioner Meetup
On Thursday, March 11, 2021, City Environmental / Sustainability Commissioners and community volunteers including youth met to share updates, resources and support each other in creating greater collective impacts within the County.
Dakota Co. Cities Environmental Commissions Meetup
Thurs March 11 7pm NOTES AND NEXT STEPS current Environmental Commissions shared what they are working on in 2021 and will share tips on how to be effective. We will also share resources and support for your city to engage students
Land Conservation Plan
On Thursday, February 11, 2021, Al Singer, Dakota County Land Conservation Manager provided an overview of the Land Conservation Plan and answered questions on implementing county-wide sustainability and resilient community developments where we are stewarding the land for future generations.
Equity & Climate Action Listening Session
On Thursday, Dec 10, 2020, citizens from 9 cities and townships met to brainstorm ways the people of Dakota County can work together to advance equitable climate actions. We heard updates from Metropolitan Council Member, Phil Sterner. We then discussed five topics we’d like to act on in 2021.
Dakota County Cities
- Apple Valley Green Step City Profile
- Shepherd of the Valley Lutheran
- Burnsville Green Step City Profile
- Burnsville Environment/ Sustainability
- Prince of Peace Lutheran
Inver Grove Heights
- Northfield Environmental Commission
- Northfield Green Step City Profile
- Northfield Climate Action Plan
- Transition Northfield
- Northfield Area Climate Summit
- Northfield Citizen Climate Lobby
South St. Paul
West St. Paul