Community Engagement Peer-Learning Cohort (CEC) with Greenstep Cities! Mark your calendars and RSVP to join us for our for our three sessions.
- Session One Thurs April 29 1:30 to 3pm Engaging Residents and Businesses Zoom Link RSVP LINK
- CEC Session One Agenda/Notes/Worksheets
- Session One Resources
- Session Two Tues May 18 1:30 to 3pm Developing & Sustaining Community Zoom Link RSVP LINK CEC Session 2 Agenda/Notes/Worksheets
- Session Two Resources
- Session Three Tues June 15 1:30 to 3pm Effective Environmental Commissions Zoom Link RSVP LINK
- CEC Session 3 June 15 Agenda/Notes/Worksheets
- Session Three Resources
Resources to help you and your city strengthen your environmental commission and/or to get one started.
One on one support for cities to start new environmental commissions and/or to strengthen city staff /community green teams. Contact: Sean Gosiewski, Green Step Best Practice Advisor, BPA #24.1 612 240-0389 email@example.com
Environmental Commission Chairs – regular networking calls.
County Clusters – Environmental Commission and community coalition volunteers meeting regularly to advance equitable climate action with their cities and county.
Workshops for Environmental Commissions
Workshops for Commissions
Dakota County Cluster Cities Environmental Commissioner Meetup
Thursday, March 11, 2021, 7 PM to 8:30 PM
This meeting supports both current City Environmental Commission members and community volunteers who want to get a commission going in their city.
Environmental Commissions will each share what they are working on in 2021 and will share tips on how to be effective. We will also share resources and support for your city to add students to your commissions and for volunteers seeking to start an environmental or human rights commission with your city.
Register / RSVP to receive ZOOM meeting link.
County Clusters – teams of 5 to 15 cities working together to meet city and county equity, sustainability, and resilience goals with their communities.
Environmental Commission Chair Networking Calls sharing goals, next steps, challenges and successes.
County Cluster Gatherings Commission and community coalition volunteers meeting regularly to advance equitable climate action with their cities and county.
RCC is focused on looking to 2021 as a year of community engagement and action by strengthening environmental, human rights, and planning commissions in partnership with staff and public officials. Contact Us to learn how to Get Involved with your county clusters.
GreenStep City Best Practices: Resilient Economic and Community Development
#24.1 – Benchmarks and Community Engagement
Contact: Sean Gosiewski, Green Step Best Practice Advisor, BPA #24 612 240-0389 firstname.lastname@example.org
BPA 24.1 Use a city commission, or committee to lead, coordinate, and report to and engage community members on implementation of sustainability best practices.
Many GreenStep cities use an existing group, such as a city environmental commission or an existing civic group, as their GreenStep implementation or “green” team. Those forming a new committee to lead, coordinate and report on the implementation of GreenStep best practices
- Tips for creating and maintaining successful green teams
- PowerPoint on commission formation,
- Organizing Guide from GreenStep.
- RCC’s New-Resources-GSC-BP-24-Benchmarks-Community-Engagement
- Forming a Team (Section 4) Sustainability Planning Toolkit (ICLEI, 2009)
- Read about how green teams work in the cities of Scandia and Crosslake.
- New : The GreenStep Green Team Work Plan covers tips for creating and maintaining successful green teams and much more: case studies, testimonials, and step-by-step guidance on how Green Teams might move forward on Benchmarking Public Buildings (BP 1.1) and Comprehensive and Related Plans (BP 6).
You can read more about each of the sessions here www.rccmn.co/commissions/
All are welcome! Please invite other interested staff, commission volunteers and elected leaders. If they can’t join us during a session invite them to do the worksheets with you or another leader from the city and share their insights Our CEC Learning Cohort in the google notes doc for each session. Please call or email me with any questions! See you next Thursday April 29 at 1:30pm on zoom for our first session. Thanks! Sean, Phil & Kristin