“Whatever the problem, community is the answer. Whatever the need, community is the answer. Because that’s where we can rediscover how good we are, how good we can be when we’re together.” Margaret J. Wheatley
The RCC Network
We support community leaders and peer-learning networks to build shared power and impact in Minnesota’s cities in five ways:
City Action Teams
County Clusters are coalitions of leaders of cities and counties meeting for peer-learning and shared-implementation. The RCC network is connecting Citizen Coalitions, Sustainability Coalitions, City Staff, Elected Leaders, County Staff and Boards.
- West Metro Clusters – With cities in Hennepin, Carver, and Scott Counties
- East/North Metro Clusters – With cities in Anoka, Ramsey, and Washington Counties
- South Metro Clusters – With cities in Dakota and Rice Counties
- Statewide Regional Centers – Albert Lea, Duluth, Grand Marias, Mankato, Moorhead, Redwing, Rochester, Winona, and St. Cloud
Topic Teams are city leaders meeting for peer-learning and implementing new projects and policies together.
- Clean Energy – city energy procurement, rooftop solar
- Efficient Buildings – sustainable building policies, truth in-home energy squad, building code improvements
- Transportation/Land Use – investing in transit, bikes & pedestrian safety, equitable redevelopment
- Community Resilience – urban forestry, equitable hiring
Peer Learning Networks
Policy Team are city leaders monitoring policy developments and advocating for changes at the city, county, metro state and federal levels to advance equity and resilience.