Leaders from 15 cities in Hennepin County participated in our Resilient Cities Workshops from 2016 to 2019
We are following up to invite the leaders and their cities to become active with RCC Hennepin County Cluster to work together with adjacent cities and Hennepin County to implement high impact actions for Clean Energy ; Efficient Buildings ; Low Carbon Transportation & Resilience
Exciting News! Hennepin County’s Board anticipates approving their new Climate Action Plan in April 2021.
We invite your City, Commission or organization to send a Letter the County Board to strengthen and approve their Climate Action Plan Two options – you can do one or both.
ONE Ask your City Council, Environmental Commission and/or Organization to SIGN ON (by 4/15/2021) to our Letter of Support for Hennepin County’s Climate Action Plan asking the Hennepin County’s board to approve their Climate Action Plan with an updated target Net Zero by 2050 and to fully support plan implementation.
TWO AND/OR use/adapt the talking points in our letter to write your own letter of support, send it to your commissioner and share your letter with RCC so we can include your letter with letters from other cities when we deliver our sign on letter to county commissioners. We will also share your letter of support below.
THREE – Join us for a ZOOM Meetup with your Hennepin County Commissioner to build support on the Board for implementation and to explore new partnerships that cities and Hennepin County can launch to equitably meet their climate goals together on time. Please email Sean Gosiewski if you would like to participate in or Zoom conversation with your commissioner.
West Metro Cities Climate Action Conversation
Wed Jan 22, 2020 at St. Louis Park City Hall,
60 leaders from 14 west metro cities – Bloomington, Champlin, Chanhassen, Edina, Eden Prairie, Hopkins, Golden Valley, Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Richfield, St. Anthony Village, St. Louis Park, Wayzata Local leaders met in small group to discuss high impact actions for Clean Energy ; Efficient Buildings ; Low Carbon Transportation & Resilience their cities could take together.
- Bloomington Sustainability Coalition
- Bloomington Green Congregations Coalition
- Bloomington Izaak Walton Leagues
- Brooklyn Park Planning Commission
- Think Again Brooklyns
- Edina Environmental Commission
- Edina Partners in Energy
- Edina Green Step City Profile
- Edina Go Green
- Cool Planet
- Edina Community Lutheran Church
- Eden Prairie Environmental Commission
- Eden Prairie Green Step City Profile
- Pax Christi Catholic Community
- Prince of Peace Lutheran
- Golden Valley Environmental Commission
- Golden Valley Green Step City Profile
- Golden Valley Community Foundation
- Minneapolis Environmental Commission
- Minneapolis Sustainability Page
- Minneapolis 2040 (Comp Plan)
- Robbinsdale Planning Commission
- Robbinsdale UCC
- Robbinsdale Food Coop Planning Team
St. Louis Park
- St. Louis Park Environmental Commission
- St. Louis Park Green Step City Profile
- SLP Partners in Energy
- Sustainable SLP
- SLP SEEDS
- Health in the Park
- Park Nicollet Hospital Sustainability
Example of a successful Regional Climate Collaborative (from a recent national study of 15 RCCs, that is supporting multi-city implementation initiatives – Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG) www.mwcog.org/environment/planning-areas/climate-and-energy/